Sunday, July 01, 2018, 12:00 AM - Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 12:00 AM
Once again, UCC will observe Summer Sabbath during the month of July. The practice of keeping Sabbath is woven deep into the fabric of our faith as we remember that in the Creation story, God rested and took pleasure in all that God had made. Sabbath helps us reflect on the good work that has happened at UCC over the past year and allows us to honor the hard work of teachers, shepherds and congregational leaders. Keeping the Sabbath holy gives us the opportunity to devote more focus to our worship and inspires us to let go of some of our busy-ness. Consider using this gift of time in fellowship to get to know one another better. There will be spaces set up throughout the church for intentional conversations including the Gallery, Arches, and Reception area where you will find tables with questions to help kick-start your conversations.
Which Activities Will Take a Break?
• Youth and children’s classes (preschool classes and childcare still provided)
• Adult Sunday School Classes
• Most committees
You Can Still Serve, Learn & Connect:
• Room in the Inn will host guests each Wednesday night through Thursday morning
• Bible study on Wednesday morning at 10:00am taught by Rev. Shannon Moore
• Prayer Shawl Ministry on Sundays at 10:00am